If you’ve got NECK PAIN, stiffness or an ache - it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from...
There’s no obvious reason why it happened - but it doesn’t seem to be shifting!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, NECK PAIN is THE most common problem that we see in our Chiropractic Clinic in Tukwila.
And when it comes to living with NECK PAIN, everybody we see wants to know
Most people think that when they get NECK PAIN, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if NECK PAIN never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with NECK PAIN - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Another scenario we see all the time in our Chiropractic Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 50+ are suffering with chronic NECK PAIN.
Why else does NECK PAIN last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your NECK PAIN was caused by doing something - like lifting or sleeping awkwardly - but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your NECK to become weak and the lifting of the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing - NECK PAIN can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help your NECK, and as soon as they wore off chronic NECK PAIN struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets NECK PAIN as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Chiropractor in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your NECK PAIN ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your NECK PAIN was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with our Chiropractors at Tukwila Chiropro Care Clinic to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone.
The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that NECK PAIN will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your NECK PAIN is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Chiropractor will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your NECK even more like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest - ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you struggle because your NECK feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to NECK PAIN is rest, and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions makes your NECK stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Chiropractor - Chiropractic is proven to help people with NECK PAIN. In fact at the Chiropro Care it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your NECK PAIN is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Chiropractic can help get you NECK to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
Copyright © 2020 Chiropro Care - All Rights Reserved.
6840 Fort Dent Way Ste 120, Tukwila, WA 98188.
Washington State Requires Face Covering In
All HEALTHCARE Business
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) CLINIC RESPONSE
Chiropro Care, as always, will continue to put your health and well-being at the forefront of our decisions.
Per CDC recommendation, people who are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear face coverings or physically distance outdoors and indoors.
However, SINCE WE ARE A HEALTHCARE SETTING, MASKS ARE STILL REQUIRED UPON ENTRY EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN VACCINATED.
We kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment for the safety of our team and other patients.